“Through this holy anointing may the Lord in his love and mercy help you with the grace of the Holy Spirit. May the Lord who frees you from sin save you and raise you up.” **
There are two Sacraments of Healing that can be found within the teaching of the Catholic Church. The first being Reconciliation and the second being the Anointing of the Sick. It is through the Sacrament of the Sick that the Church brings the restorative presence of Christ to those seeking healing in body or spirit during times of illness or near death.
The Sacrament of the Sick may be administered to the faithful at several times in their lives. It is not just a sacrament of the dying in preparation of death. A priest can offer the sacrament to a loved one:
- when they are sick with a serious physical illness.
- whenever a lengthy or chronic illness worsens.
- before they have a non-minor surgery.
- who due to advance age suffers from physical weakness which is debilitating.
- who begins to be in danger due to mental or psychological illness.
- who is need of spiritual healing.
If you or a loved one is in need of the Sacrament of the Sick, please contact Father either before or after Mass or by calling the Parish Office at 905-385-3297 to setup an appointment.
On occasion, usually by special request, the Sacrament of the Sick is offered at the end of Mass. At these times, other parishioners are able to avail themselves of the Sacrament of the Sick and pray with those receiving this blessing.