Last Updated: 18 March 2020
18 March 2020
Monsignor Murray Kroetsch released a letter to clarify issues that have been raised following Bishop Crosby’s Further Directives of March 16th. THE ADORATION CHAPEL IS CLOSED AND THERE ARE NO SCHEDULED CONFESSION TIMES. Click HERE to read the document
16 March 2020
After receiving further directives from His Excellency, Bishop Crosby, we are announcing that all SUNDAY AND WEEKDAY MASSES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED. Click HERE to read the document and for more information.
The Parish Office will be closed, but will be operational. Staff will answer emails and phone calls during regular office hours, but we kindly ask for everyone to keep their distance.
All Ministries are asked to cancel or postpone non-essential group meetings and events. Please contact your Ministry Leader for more information. Cancellations include, but are not limited to:
- Bible Study (No Greater Love)
- Catholic Women’s League
- Knights of Columbus
- Parish Council
- Stations of the Cross
- Youth Group & Passion Play
14 March 2020
In an open letter to Priests, Parishes, and the community in the Diocese of Hamilton, Bishop Crosby addresses new directives regarding coronavirus COVID-19. Click HERE to read the letter.
In addition, Fr. Adam Voisin, as Pastor of Regina Mundi Parish, and in accord with the norms of the Code of Canon Law, has dispensed the parishioners of Regina Mundi Parish from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass for the next three weekends (March 15, 22, and 29). Click HERE to read the decree.
Furthermore, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends the following preventative measures:
- Wash your your hands frequently and thoroughly, using soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitizer;
- Maintain social distancing;
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Practice respiratory hygiene, covering your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze;
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
- Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
For Additional Information …
- The Government of Canada – Coronavirus (COVID-19): Outbreak updates
- Government of Ontario – The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The City of Hamilton – Public Health – How Hamilton is Prepared
- The World Health Organization – Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
- John Hopkins University – Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases
Featured image is from the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), no copyright infringement is intended.